Points from the recent Squash Committee Meeting:
(1) Thanks to those who attended the AGM and voted your committee in for another year. Thanks also to Tim Vail for showing us how squash can be played! The minutes of the AGM will be published shortly on the web-site.
(2) Our next Club Night is on New Year’s day. We thought we would extend an invitation to guests of members this time, either with a view to joining or just to blow away the excesses of Christmas. So do come along, with or without your guest, and join us for the first 2015 games of racketball or squash (including doubles which proved popular last month) from 4:15 onwards.
(3) A reminder, if you’d like to keep up with our team’s progress this season, that Steve Sieff is publishing details weekly here:
(4) Thanks to Dom for organising the Handicap Competition. Unfortunately one of the finalists, Amy Jones sustained a nasty injury so her match with Will Piper has been postponed. Congratulations to two more juniors making the Plate final, with Oscar Merifield beating Archie Moore. Full results can be seen here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AuA4pOlNrRardFFHem5DaXhYUTVjRjExM0RkMTh5OHc&single=true&gid=14&output=html
(5) Some dates for your diaries:
– Sunday 14th December – Mulled wine and minced pies at the Club
– 21st to 23rd January next year – Bucks Closed Champs @ Wycombe
Finally may I wish you all a great festive break and I look forward to seeing you on court or at the Club in 2015.