Quite a number of news items this month:
1. We are entering a team in the Bucks Racketball League this summer. It is competitive but friendly (we are in the bottom league sadly). Richard Harvey is organising the team and needs players! There are 12 games to be played in total, home and away starting at the end of April. The format is 4 players per team playing 4 singles and 2 doubles games per match. Please contact Richard ASAP if you are willing to play.
2. On the notice board is the signup sheet for our upcoming Club Championships. There are not enough entries yet, particularly for the ladies, so please get your fingers out and sign up!
3. The Junior Championship will also be running at the same time the closing date for entry it this Sunday 10th April….
4. Building work for the new heating and showers will start at the end of this April, it will be mostly outside work initially but sometime in May there will be some (minimal) interruption to the showers facilities etc, we will keep you informed as work progresses.
5. Next Tuesday 12th April the mens team Mavericks have a very important home game which could ensure they win their league! Ben (captain) and the team would appreciate any support you can give on the night, so please come along if you are able!
6. Please keep Saturday June 4th Free! We are arranging a Charity Exhibition Match at the club. Two, yes TWO! Top 15 players will run coaching sessions from 5.30pm and play a match from approx. 7.00pm. This will be a ticketed only event with limited numbers! So be on the lookout for more details on how to obtain tickets nearer the time. All the match proceeds will go to deserving The Willow Foundation. Stay tuned…..More detail to follow…..