Jump to Squash
*** Tennis ***
PLAYING TENNIS – LATEST LTA GUIDANCE: PLEASE READ
In light of the recent changes to Government guidance, the LTA has updated its own guidance on formal and informal club play. A link to the latest full guidance for venues is here – https://www.lta.org.uk/globalassets/news/2020/lta-guidance-for-tennis-venues—covid-19.pdf, and for players is here – https://www.lta.org.uk/globalassets/news/2020/lta-guidance-for-tennis-players—covid-19.pdf, but the key points are as follows:
- Club Play as a an ‘Organised Group Activity’, is allowed to continue. However, the latest guidance states that “When participating in any tennis activity indoors or outdoors, participants must not mingle in groups of more than six before and after the activity, while maintaining social distancing with those from another household at all times.”
- ‘Informal Group Activity’, i.e. activity organised by individuals rather than the club / tennis committee, “group size is limited to a maximum of six people by law.” People should not go to a tennis venue socially in groups of more than six.
- We would be grateful if members could adhere to this change in the guidance. For those attending club play, please ensure that you book to attend via MMM for test and trace requirements and it is also helpful if you tap your fob on the pad by the clubhouse door to register your visit to the club.
As ever, if you, or someone you live with, has symptoms of COVID -19 or are under quarantine, they must follow NHS/PHE guidance on self isolation / test and trace and not leave home to play tennis. The symptoms are currently recognised as any of the following:
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss of, or change to, their sense of smell or taste
We appreciate your ongoing support in helping the club adhere to the ever changing guidance and law.
The Tennis Committee
We are pleased to advise that Club Play is back from Monday 10th August, albeit in a slightly different format to before the lockdown.
In accordance with LTA guidance, members will be required to book their place at Club Play using the MMM system and we have set up the events on MMM. This is to ensure that the Club has a record of who attends each session for test and trace requirements.
We will be running Club Play on Monday and Wednesday evenings, using four courts to start with whilst we bed in the new system. Courts 5&6 and 9&10 will be used, so 16 people will be able to play in each session.
You will have a choice of two sessions to book:
- 7pm to 8.30pm
- 8.30pm to 10pm
After 45 minutes you will be able to mix in with the players on the neighbouring court. It will not be possible to mix in all four courts at this stage to minimise social interaction.
As you can appreciate, the Club will not be able to provide balls for Club Play at this time, so members will need to bring their own balls and agree on court which balls to use. Hand sanitizer remains available at various points around the Club.
If you are booked to attend a session you will need to bring your members fob with you and touch it to the pad by the clubhouse door. This will record that you are on the premises, again to ensure that we have a record of attendance for test and trace reasons. If you do not have a fob then please sign in at the bar or make yourself known to a member of the tennis committee who will be in attendance for the first few sessions to ensure all runs smoothly.
We look forward to starting these sessions. If you are interested in signing up, before doing so please make sure you familiarise yourself with the latest LTA guidance for players at https://www.lta.org.uk/globalassets/venue/support-your-venue/documents/lta-guidance-for-tennis-players—covid-19.pdf. This gives the latest advice on hygiene and social distancing guidelines.
We will keep the event under review as matters evolve and we hope to increase the number of courts in due course, so watch this space. If you have any questions at this stage, please contact any member of the Tennis Committee.
The Tennis Committee
Instructions to Book a court;
1. Log into MMM (cbltsc.managemymatch.com)
2. 1 time only – check you have Tennis set as your sport by going into ‘My Sports’ on the Menu
3. Go to the “Booking Center”
2. Select the date at the top
3. Click on a court slot and choose “Book with no invitation”
If you need to cancel a booking – go into Menu/ mybooking.
*** Squash ***
The Club has reopened following guidance from England Squash. Limited play is in operation on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. All members are urged to read and understand the England Squash Guidance here: https://www.englandsquash.com/back-to-squash/guidance-for-players
The club has communicated with you all on the new guidance and you should have read and agreed to the new T&Cs in ManageMyMatch. You will not be allowed to book a court unless you have agreed to them. As a basic reminder:
- Please follow the social distancing rules at all times
- Competitive play is not allowed
- Do not wipe your hands on the walls, bring a towel to wipe yourself down
- Sanitise your hands upon entry to the club and exit
- There are no water facilities so bring your own water bottle
- The disabled toilet is open but the changing rooms are not
- Come ready to play in your kit except for your court shoes, change into these in the hall way
- Wipe down the court door handles upon entry and exit from the court with the provided wipes
- If you feel unwell or have Covid-19 type symptoms do not play, do not enter the club, inform the manager if you have played within the previous 5 days.