Usual points from the recent Squash Committee Meeting:
(1) With only this month remaining, here are the current leaders of our 2 season long league competitions:
League Champion, (average highest league ranking to date)
1st Dan Colquhoun
2nd Will Gardner
3rd Trevor Loran
Player of the Year (cumulative league points to date)
1st Tim Paul 138
2nd Tom Walter 130
3rd Andrew Jackson 124
(2) Our next Club Night, 1st May, is on a Friday. Do come along and join us for the usual games of racketball or squash (including doubles which has proved popular in the past) from 6:30 onwards.
(3) We are also considering a similar event during the daytime on Saturday 16th May when the Tennis section is hosting their Open day, with a bouncy castle, BBQ etc. More details nearer the time.
(4) Congratulations to our recent Vets & Vints winners:
O45s Rob Parry bt Neil Hinds
O55s Aubrey Waddy bt Steve Hunt
O65s Martin Milnes bt Pete Dickinson
O40s Sam Mueller bt Gill Worgan
O60s Anne Stirzaker bt Janice Pearce
(5) The closing date for entering our main Club Championships is Friday 16th April. The event is to be held from 25th April with the final on 10th May. Just put your name on the board or email Dom email@example.com
(6) Some reminders:
First – Unfortunately we are still seeing some shoe markings on court. Do please ensure your footwear is non-marking and that you haven’t worn them outside.
Dates for your diary;
24th April Band night, featuring the Delta Kings from 8pm at the club
5th to 7th June Bucks Vets and Vints Tournament at Chesham Bois
13th June Golf day Tennis vs Squash at Hazlemere
(7) Finally we wish our intrepid Tournament Organiser, Dom Thwaites, the best of luck as he embarks on a solo round Britain sailing marathon. You can follow his progress here http://www.domsroundbritainsail.uk but he’s still hoping to be able to help organise our Racketball and Doubles tournaments from the high seas – what a top man!