Some points from the recent Squash Committee Meeting:
(1) Last chance to enter the County Closed competition, which is being held at Wycombe Squash club on 24/25/26th January. Entry forms can be found on the main noticeboard with a closing date of 15th January.
(2) Our first event of the year will be the Club Vets and Vints Tournament. This year your court time will be allocated, so we will charge your fob account an entrance fee of £3.50 to try to ensure games are all played in good time. The event will start on 1st March with finals day on Sunday 9th March.
(3) It has been suggested that we might try organising a squash doubles league, to be held over 2 calendar months, similar to the racketball league. Please respond to this note if you are interested and we will organise (or not!) based on your replies.
(4) Club Night on 1st February falls on a Saturday this month. Do come along for a friendly game with fellow members – all 4 courts are booked from 5pm so that there’s time for a drink afterwards.
(5) Finally, our booking software needs updating. Apparently it runs on Windows 2000 which Microsoft is no longer supporting. This means a radical change for me on the admin side, with lesser but still noticeable changes for you all as users. Please bear with us when the change takes place in the next month or so. There are bound to be teething problems!