Points from the recent Squash Committee Meeting:
(1) Congratulations to Amy Jones, who retains her Handicap Tournament trophy from last year with a 2-1 win against Will Piper. (Dom – maybe you need to be a bit kinder next year on the handicaps to us older members to keep these juniors in their place!)
(2) Our next Club Night, 1st February, falls on a Sunday. A surprising number of us turned up on New Year’s day to blow away the excesses of Christmas. So do come along and join us for some games of racketball or squash (including doubles which proved popular last month) from 6:30 onwards.
(3) Last chance to enter the Bucks closed which takes place at Wycombe from 21st to 23rd January. See their web-site or forms on our noticeboard.
(4) There are two committee vacancies – Peter Dickinson is stepping down from the Club Committee as facilities manager, though he will oversee the kitchen/heating project which is currently being finalised. The entertainments committee would also like to see some squash representation. If anyone is interested, please contact me.
(5) Finally look out for Dom’s notice for our next Club competition, the Vets & Vints which will take place from 7th to 22nd March.