Usual points from the recent Squash Committee Meeting:
(1) Congratulations to the winners of the last two tournaments of the season:
Main Final – Sam Pothecary and Dan Colquhoun 3-2 over Rob Parry and Dan Glenn (From 0-2 down!)
Plate Final – Kate Ballingall and Ed Eaton Hart beat Mike Russell and Paul Gregory
Winner – Simon Krystman Runner-up Paul Grosvenor
Plate winner – John Taylor who beat Paul Taylor
(2) Our next Club Night, 1st August, is on a Saturday. So do come along and join us from 5:00pm onwards next month.for an enthusiastic night of squash, doubles and/or racketball.
(3) Annual court maintenance is booked for 6th to 11th August when courts 2 and 3 will also have new glass doors fitted. Those two plus court 4 are having the walls cleaned with all floors repaired as necessary.
(4) It’s nearly membership renewal time again. Look out for a separate note and do pay your subs before you go off on your summer holidays!
(5) Finally, you may be aware I said I would do 5 years as chairman before handing over the reins and my term is nearly up. Unfortunately my tasks take considerably longer than I could sensibly ask any else to take on, so the committee is currently trying to share them out. If anyone is willing to help the committee or even stand as Chairman, do let us know.