The usual reminders and news from our recent Committee Meeting:
(1) Bucks Squash are holding their AGM at Chesham Bois on 11th June. Our Men’s A Team and Ladies’ B Team both won their respective Division 1 titles this year and will be collecting their trophies.
(2) Last chance to enter the Squash Doubles and Racketball Tournaments. Dom will be taking the Notices down on Friday, so just call him for any last minute entries.
(3) I’m pleased to report that our Squash team narrowly beat the Tennis section at our recent Golf match. Steve Hunt hosted a great afternoon at Gerrards Cross, which leaves the on-going Golf series 2-1 up for squash!
(4) Club night on 1st July falls on a Monday so the courts have been booked at the usual time of 6:30pm till late. Do come along for a friendly hit with fellow members – no need to book, just come along when you can.
(5) The Club is holding a Quiz night on 22nd June. Why not come and test your knowledge in what should be a fun evening.
(6) An outline proposal for a ‘Solar Bond’ will shortly be posted on the Web-site. In summary, the Club Committee is happy to proceed only if the proposal is self-funding. The idea is that members would put up £1000 now and have £200 returned to them for the next 6 years. The Solar Panels would generate sufficient income to finance this, leaving the Club to fully benefit from year 7 onwards. If you’re interested, please contact me or Peter Dickinson, both of whom, as private solar solar panel owners, intend to participate.