More points than usual from the recent Squash Committee Meeting:
(1) Congratulations to the following Juniors on their success at the Bucks Junior County Championships:
BU11 Arhan Chandra 4th
GU13 Winner Florie Moir , Amy Pullen 3rd
GU17 Winner Amy Jones
BU15 Runner Up Will Piper, Thomas Walter 3rd,
BU17 Runner Up Edward Eaton Hart
(2) Club Night on 1st November falls on a Saturday this month. Just 2 courts are booked at 5:00 pm with more at 7:15 so do come along for a friendly hit with your fellow members – either squash or racketball, both equally welcome.
(3) Our Club teams have started the new season – you can follow their progress through a new weekly report on our web-site here:
(4) The first Tournament of the season is the Handicap Competition. Closing date is 31st October – just add your name to the list on the board.
(5) I hope you are all appreciating the free squash balls (dispenser located outside Court 1) which we are trialling for 3 months. Please let me have your thoughts either way.
(6) The squash section AGM and Exhibition Match will be held on Friday 14th November – formal notice and details to follow.
(7) The Club Dinner/Dance is planned for Saturday 15th November. It’s worth buying your tickets early as this tends to sell out.
(8) The Club AGM is on Friday 28th November, and finally
(9) Bucks Closed Squash Championships are on the week-end of 21st to 23rd Jan 2015 at Wycombe Squash Club.