Usual points from the recent Squash Committee Meeting:
(1) Congratulations to the Chesham Bois Juniors at the recent County Closed event. The following well worthy of a mention:
Alice Fedorovski won Girls U19
Amy Pullen won Girls U15
James Kettle runner up under 11
Florie Moir runner up girls under 15
Will Piper runner up under 17s
Arhan Chandra 3rd under 13s
Tom Walters 6th under 17s
(2) Inter-club matches have started – don’t forget you can follow all the action via this link www.cbltsc.com/mens-team-squash-season-1516-weeks-1-and-2/ where Steve Sieff is again scribing the ups and downs our teams in action!
(3) The first event of the season is the Handicap knock-out competition. Just add your name to the sign-up sheet Dom has posted on the noticeboard. You’ll get a minimum of 2 matches and the chance to play a much higher ranked player with a good chance of winning!
(4) Our next Club Night, 1st November, is on a Thursday. So do come along and join us from 5:45pm onwards next month for an enthusiastic night of squash, doubles and/or racketball.
(5) The Bucks County Closed squash tournament will be held at Chesham Bois this season. If anyone would like to sponsor the event by supplying prizes, t-shirts etc etc please contact me and we’ll try to ensure maximum publicity for your generosity.
(6) Finally, do come along to my last AGM as Chairman, to hear how the club is doing, vote in your new committee and have your say about the running of the club. This year Steve has organised some top young players to give us a quality Exhibition Match beforehand. Further details to follow.