Run by Pete Lavery and his coaching team, a comprehensive Coaching Programme runs throughout the year. This provides an engaging, age and ability appropriate range of lessons and group coaching for all standards and profiles of junior player.
Please explore the links for current junior coaching programmes:
or visit Pete’s website www.petelaverytennis.com, or contact one of the coaches:
- Pete Lavery on 07885 206587, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jo Head on 07989 294959, email@example.com
- Matt Reid on 07825 199232, firstname.lastname@example.org
What does Junior Membership give you?
Junior Nights – free junior coaching for members
17:30 – 18:00 – age 6 and under
18:00 – 18:45 – ages 7, 8 and 9
18:45 – 19:30 – age 10 and over
- Food is also served in the kitchen between 17:30 and 19:00 on most Fridays.
- Term time only.
Always a fun and sociable evening for both juniors and parents!
Team tennis inter club tennis matches
- Inter-club matches for CBLTSC in April, May and June
- Teams are selected by the club for each age group category (Red, Orange, Green and Yellow ball, U8 – U18’s)
- Matches involve both doubles and singles play
- Parents and other volunteers provide valuable time to help organise the fixtures and umpire the matches for the younger players.
Contact Julie at email@example.com for more information.
Junior Box league
This operates on a Sunday afternoons and is organised by the Coaching team.
Children are able to play inter-Club matches and work towards their rankings to be able to move up to the next target level.
The Ladder runs throughout the year and provides opportunities for children to gain experience and compete from a young age.
- 10-14 years old playing yellow ball /full court
- Play 2 matches per month, contributing to your LTA Rating
- 2 sets; tie break to 10 (2 points clear) at 6-6
- ‘Winner’ (i.e. least games conceded) each month receives £10 Sports Direct voucher
Contact Ed Rix at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Road To Wimbledon
This competition involves juniors playing others within the Club. The overall winner moves forward to compete at the regional Final followed by a National Final if successful with the ultimate chance of being able to play at Wimbledon
- Singles knock out competition for 14U juniors
- From April – June; County Finals Day – July
- Winner of the County Final will be invited to play at Wimbledon in August in the National Final
Contact Danielle Henry at email@example.com for further information
Other Activities and Coaching Programmes include:
- School Holiday Coaching Camps for all ages including early and late drop off and pick up options.
- Early morning and evening, after School and weekend coaching courses, fast track tennis camps for the talented players and drop in sessions for children who are, perhaps new to tennis.
These are open to members and non-members and take place on Saturday mornings and members-only free coaching on Friday evenings.
This is a series of inter-Club Matches played by the Juniors representing CBLTSC. The age groups and levels as directed by the LTA are used to determine which children are selected for the teams.
- Teams operate in age group categories and players are selected from a pool of children in each age group.
- Parents and volunteers provide valuable time to help organise the fixtures and to umpire the matches for the younger players.
Juniors have the opportunity to play in the Club Championships which take place in the summer months culminating in Finals in September.
Aims of the Junior Section:
We aim to provide a proactive, effective and thriving Junior Tennis Programme to enthuse juniors from the very young through to teenage profiles.
It exists in order to deliver Coaching Programmes, Competitions, and opportunities to learn to play and to enjoy tennis from a basic social and fun aspect, through to the highest competitive level.
Through internal led competition, to County Tournaments held at the Club, there is a wide range of match play available to all levels of junior player to gain experience and then perform at appropriate levels.
The Junior Section operates in conjunction with LTA Directives and standards issued.
The Junior Section is operated by a Junior Section Committee consisting of member parents and coaches. New members are always welcome!
It relies heavily on parent helpers who give their time to organise tournaments, competitions, Junior Tennis Nights and social events for the Juniors.
The input of Coaches and their support teams is paramount to the Junior Section to ensure the junior coaching standards are adhered to and delivered effectively.
The Strategy of the Junior Section
Through providing a varied, enjoyable and effective series of tennis activities, coaching, competitions and tournaments, the Club enthuses and encourages Juniors members to reach and compete to their full potential at all times. It is hoped they will develop a passion for the game and to continue to play as adult members on-going.
Your Junior Committee look forward to welcoming you to Chesham Bois/
Tennis Junior Chairs, Julie Pledge and Yanjie Wang