Welcome to the 2019 season!
Subscriptions for the years membership are due by 1st March. If you pay by 28th Feb you will also receive the discounted rate.
It is a whole year since we started using our online membership system, MMM (Manage my match), and we are very pleased with it. As well as making it easier for our members to sign up and pay their fees, the system has enabled the easy management of our internal singles leagues and tournaments, and allowed members to easily get in touch with other members to arrange games.
Now that you are all registered on the system, renewing your subscription this year should be very easy if you pay by debit or credit card online. CBLTSC has carefully reviewed the security issues in this regard and can assure members that card details are processed to the highest possible security standard: PCI Level 1.
To register and pay your renewal fees visit http://cbltsc.managemymatch.com and log in using your user name and password.
This season, we will be issuing all Playing members with Trainer Tags – these should be attached to your trainer/bag as visible evidence of your Membership. It is important that you have this with you when you visit the Club as you may be asked if it is not visible. The tags will be distributed at the end of March. Please support us in this initiative as we are doing it due to it becoming clear that our facilities are being used by non members which is unfair to us all and as a members club run by us members it is down to us all to manage.
Please ensure you read the Terms & Conditions of Membership when registering, but just to highlight the following points:
- Once again, we are encouraging members to renew their membership promptly by offering a discounted annual fee PROVIDED THAT you renew no later than February 28th. From March 1st, the full annual fee within each membership category must be paid. PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU MISS THE DEADLINE, THE FULL FEE WILL BECOME DUE
- A family discount of 10% will be applied if two or more people from the same household are renewing as playing
- Where any child under 12 is a member, at least one parent of that child MUST be a social or playing member of the club
- Coaches take responsibility for the health, wellbeing and safety of children up to the age of 18 at coaching lessons. If children use the club facilities and courts as members but unsupervised by parents or a responsible adult, this is on the understanding that they do so at their own risk, and the club, it’s members, staff and officials are not responsible for them.
- Rules of Play and Conduct: cbltsc.com/tennis-rules-of-play/
- Tennis Section Terms and Conditions: cbltsc.com/tennis-terms/
- Tennis Section Committee: cbltsc.com/tennis-committee/
- Members who have not paid renewal fees within one calendar month of the due date (ie March 1st), are deemed to have lapsed their membership, will not be entitled to use the Club facilities and will be removed from club records.
Members wishing to rejoin in this situation will be required to pay a joining fee (if applicable to their category) and the full year subscription.
The Tennis Committee urges all members to sign up for British Tennis Membership (BTM). For those who are not BTM members you can join for free now at www.lta.org.uk/britishtennismembership. Once you are a BTM member you MUST then formally opt-in annually to be eligible to receive Wimbledon tickets. If you do not do this then:
- you will NOT be eligible for our Wimbledon ticket ballot, and:
- the Club will receive a smaller allocation of tickets overall.
This is because our allocation is based on the BTM members who have opted-in. The deadline to opt-in for the 2019 ticket ballots is February 22nd.
To Opt in for the Wimbledon Ballot login, click on your initials in top right hand corner, Members Home, scroll down to Wimbledon Ballot, click ‘find out more’ and click on ‘Opt in’.
Our club is thriving thanks to your continued support. Behind the scenes is a splendid team of volunteers who captain teams and support me on the Tennis Committee. We are always looking for volunteers to carry out specific tasks (not necessarily on the Committee). Specifically, we are currently looking for someone to get involved with Communications for the Tennis Section. Could you help – if so please contact me or a member of the Committee.
Enjoy your tennis and hope to see you on court.
Tennis Section Chairman