*** Coronavirus Update ***
Following further clarifications the LTA have received from Government, tennis activity in England will be able to take place outdoors from Wednesday with singles play only, other than where players are all from the same household in which case they can play doubles. As confirmed in the email from the Club Chairman, the tennis facilities will therefore be available from Thursday 14thMay 2020 on the following basis…
It is essential that all social distancing rules are adhered to at all times whilst you are at the Club.
For this initial period the detail of the setup arrangements that allow us to open the tennis facilities are as follows:
1. All courts available by booking on MMM for self-organized singles with one other person within or outside your household or doubles ok if all within same household (as long as all members).
2. The bookable slots are for 45 minutes – but please ensure you leave a couple of minutes before the end of your slot to avoid people leaving and joining at the same time. As with all of this – Please be respectful and do not book back to back slots.
2. No Lights and no access to club house. No toilet facilities or 1st Aid will be available in this initial early setup.
3. No court equipment is available to avoid contact points but courts will be dragged and nets checked each day except weekends .
4. Members to bring own sanitizer to use before and after any touch points.
Instructions to Book a court;
1. Log into MMM (cbltsc.managemymatch.com)
2. 1 time only – check you have Tennis set as your sport by going into ‘My Sports’ on the Menu
3. Go to the “Booking Center”
2. Select the date at the top
3. Click on a court slot and choose “Book with no invitation”
If you need to cancel a booking – go into Menu/ mybooking.
5. Coaches will accept 1 to 1 bookings. Please contact them to do so. If a member is booking a coaching session please make sure you also book the court for your session.
7. Please see link to LTA player info for helping understand ideas to help stop unnecessary contact points.
8. Singles league – We would look to open as soon as is feasible but not in this initial phase.
9. Court gates to remain open.
10. Re opening in a members club way relies on us all being respectful of each other i.e. do not play for more than 45 minutes if others are waiting and please do no linger after your game to allow the next set of people to use the club without overcrowding. Please use Common Sense to avoid all unnecessary contact points.
11. Rebo Wall to be available.
12. We will review at all points to provide as much as is possible whilst following Government and LTA guidelines but will also need to pull back if problems arise or guidance dictates.
We hope you enjoy some Tennis whilst being respectful of these new requirements that enable us to open.
From your Club and Tennis Committee
We are a thriving Tennis, Squash and Racket-ball Club, with Junior and adult programs, opportunities to play for all standards and experience, active social and club-play sessions throughout the year utilising innovative and ground breaking computer technology for membership, court bookings and payment services.
CBLTSC has a welcoming clubhouse with a well-equipped bar and club manager, on site five mornings a week. Please take a look around and if you are interested in joining please click the button below!
—— 0O0 ——
Many thanks to everyone who attended the Mulled Wine & Mince Pies event just before Christmas, it was great to see you all and many thanks to Nathalie Pymm and Amanda Curbishley our two artists for displaying their work with an opportunity to buy and to Jane Smith for her Framing display and opportunity to mount our unframed art.
*** Tennis Members ***
This season we are issuing all playing members with Trainer Tags – these should be attached to your Trainers as visible evidence of your Membership. It is important that you have the tag with you when you visit the Club as you may be asked about your membership status if it is not visible!
The tags are now available for collection.
From the Club Office Mon – Fri 9:30am – noon
From behind the Bar Mon – Thurs 6pm – 10pm and Friday/Weekends 5 – 7pm.
You will be required to initial a form indicating you have received them
Please try to pick up your tag as soon as possible and attach it to your trainers laces.
If this is not convenient, please attach it to your bag/racket cover so that it can be easily seen.
* These tags are only for PLAYING members – SOCIAL members do not need them *
How to use MMM help videos are now available on line.